Session Description: 22. NAVIGATING SENIOR LIVING NONPROFITS: SERVE LIKE A NONPROFIT, PERFORM LIKE A BUSINESS | Jesse Howell, William (Bill) Bojan
This session will discuss the importance of strong governance in successfully and safely navigating today’s Senior Living nonprofit organizations. This requires good alignment and transparency between the board/trustees, management, and the monitoring disciplines of the organization. Sufficient connection and alignment must be maintained across governance, strategy, risk management, operations, ethical culture, and performance to address today’s complexities and realities:
- A speed of doing business that demands a new level of responsiveness.
- A pace of change that demands a new level of agility.
- Industry disruption that demands a new level of innovative thinking.
- New and more challenging risks that demand a new level of proactivity.
- Higher levels of stress on organizations that demands strong, ethical cultures of integrity.