This session will discuss the importance of strong governance in successfully and safely navigating today’s Senior Living nonprofit organizations. This requires good alignment and transparency between the board/trustees, management, and the monitoring disciplines of the organization. Sufficient connection and alignment must be maintained across governance, strategy, risk management, operations, ethical culture, and performance to address today’s complexities and realities:
- A speed of doing business that demands a new level of responsiveness.
- A pace of change that demands a new level of agility.
- Industry disruption that demands a new level of innovative thinking.
- New and more challenging risks that demand a new level of proactivity.
- Higher levels of stress on organizations that demands strong, ethical cultures of integrity.